Saturday, May 10, 2014

Review on Best Kind of Broken

Have you had a childhood friend? You bonded in kindergarten and you've been inseperable, even through high school. Or maybe the two of you had a falling out. With the saying "you never forget your first love" I think you never forget your first friend, even if you don't like that friend now.
I read... Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine!


Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate, #1)

Format: Paperback/e-book
Pub. Date: March 4th, 2014
Summary:
New Adult Romance

Pixie and Levi haven't spoken in nearly a year when they find themselves working―and living―at the same inn in the middle of nowhere. Once upon a time, they were childhood friends. But that was before everything went to hell. And now things are... awkward.

All they want to do is avoid each other, and their past, for as long as possible. But now that they're forced to share a bathroom, and therefore a shower, keeping their distance from one another becomes less difficult than keeping their hands off each other. Welcome to the hallway of awkward tension and sexual frustration, folks. Get comfy. It’s going to be a long summer.

My rating: 5 out of 5 inns!
My recommendation: Anyone who likes contemporary romance!
My review:
My copy was provided by Netgalley.
Pixie is a nineteen year old girl who doesn't get along with her mother. To escape, she moves into an inn to work in the kitchen and she gets a free roof over her head thanks to her aunt Ellen who owns the inn. Little did Pixie know that her childhood friend that she just wants to avoid works there as well.
Levi is working as a handyman at the inn and he was definitely surprised when he saw Pixie working at the inn. Suddenly, the sexual tension between bursts into life and they can't keep each other out of their minds. As secrets are revealed and feelings are explored, these two are going to have a summer they will never forget.
I really liked this story! It captivated me from the start. I absolutely had to know what happened in Pixie's and Levi's past that made them want to avoid each other. This book was so good at giving tantalizing hints without actually revealing what had happened until the tension was at its absolute max. It was an amazing book and I definitely want to read it again.
The characters were complex and amazing witty. I love it when characters share a love/hate relationship with each other. They were always insulting each other with witty banter, but you could actually feel the tension between them. You just wanted them to shout at each other and then the next minute, they're kissing. It was an agonizing relationship between them and I just had to keep reading to learn what would happen between them.
The plot was original and was always either between sweet or heartbreaking. Levi and Pixie were so cute together, but then their sadness and guilt just tore you apart. Their past was so sad and I could actually feel the regret both Pixie and Levi felt as they both blamed each other. I was so into this book and it made me feel all these wonderful emotions.
The plot was mixed perfectly with the funny secondary characters, the banter, and the sexual tension. I really enjoyed this book. There were some moments of fluff and romance, but this book was so alive and the plot was so amazing that I couldn't put it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment