Okay, my peeps, I just read Cinder by Marissa Meyer and it was awesome! Need I say that I read it in one day, yeah, I'm awesome like that. Well, let me give you the review!
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
(The second one (Spanish) is so much better than the U.S. one. It's not fair!!!)
I give this book 4 (if I could, 4.25) bolts out of five bolts (I used bolts instead of stars!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are some downs of the book (get the worst out of the way)-
1. There were too many futuristic things that I had no idea what they were. It was slightly confusing by all the things and some descriptions that weren't accurately described. I remember in one sci-fi book that they listed in the back a kind of glossary thing so you would know the definitions of everything. I would have liked that at the very least.
2. Seemed to take forever for the book to get going. This book is loosely based on Cinderella and when the ball scene finally came in this book, it was at the end of the book!Yeah, it kind of seemed to drag on forever.
3. The Lunar people are confusing though they are a very original idea. Also, the big secret about Cinder was very obvious from the beginning even if there were twists and turns that made the book refreshing.
4. What happened to the 21st century? What year is it in the book? It was never really explained in the book and you never learned why we had advanced so much and what had happened over the next few centuries (if it was even that long)
Here are the ups!
1. I loved the romance between Cinder and the prince, it made it so cute and frustrating the way the guy kept on throwing himself at the woman and she repeatedly said no. We need more of that (though you should give in eventually).
2. I loved her being an android! Most sci-fi novels nowadays don't really involve robots, only advances in technology and possibly being on a different planet/spaceship. It was so original and it dealt with Cinderella, a cute story many children (and adults) love. I prefer the singing mice though.
3. Cinder became a kick- *** heroine instead of Cinderella who relied on her fairy Godmother for help. Cinder used her own mechanic skills to try to discover who she is and that is something everyone should have in them. It's okay if you depend on someone, but you have to be independent one day, why not now? +1
4. The cliffhanger! Ooh, I can't stand cliffhangers though they definitely make a book more enjoyable. This is a superior tactic by authors for you to buy the next book and I REALLY want to get the next book. However, the sequel comes out in 2013. We just had a new year, why do I have to wait a whole other year?????? I can't wait!!!!!!
Added together= 4 bolts!!! (Or 4.25, I can't decide)
Are you ready for the sequel because I am!
Scarlet ready for 2013! Hmm, it sounds like Red Riding Hood, hmmmmmm.
Happy reading everyone! Which is your favorite cover?