Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Review Time for Evermore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, you're not supposed to know this, but I'm going to break the rules. I didn't get Evermore by Alyson Noel on my In My Mailbox Take 8. Consider this a preview of IMM Take 9. I got this book on Tuesday so I hope you enjoy this little sneak peek!
Look at all the different covers! Which is your favorite?
Evermore (The Immortals, #1) Evermore - Die Unsterblichen (The Immortals, #1) Evermore (The Immortals, #1) Eternity / Vechnost Вечна (Безсмъртните, #1) Evermore (De Onsterfelijken, #1) Ever (Nieśmiertelni, #1) Amžinai (Nemirtingieji, #1) Evermore - Mindörökké (Halhatatlanok, #1) Sonsuz (Ölümsüzler, #1) Eternidad (Los Inmortales #1)
Evermore by Alyson Noel
After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact and suppress her abilities, she has been branded a freak at her new high school-but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste.

Damen is gorgeous, exotic, and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head-wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can peer into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. And she has no idea who he really is-or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is that she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3975774-evermore
My rating: 2.75 or 3 red tulips out of 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ups- The story sounds very original with the idea of Immortals instead of vampires and werewolves (though Damen looks like an ultra perfect vampire) and Ever's (odd name, probably hippie parents) powers sound awesome! Damen sounded hot though too perfect in some cases. I loved Ever's friends though, especially Miles. A girl's best friend is always gay, the guy could have a guy's opinion and it wouldn't be totally weird. I want more of Miles!
Downs- Yeah, this book didn't quite get me or make me scream and cry in shock over the climax of the book. I found Ever to be a little too perfect. All she has to do is rip off her sweatshirt and BOOM! She's instantly hot and popular, not an outcast who can read your mind. Her grades are perfect and she's never really there for her two best friends. Before the accident Ever would never have known that Miles and Haven existed, but all of a sudden, Ever drops into their group and they accept her. What? How did that happen? Well, at least they wanted to help Ever and not be friendless.
One last thing, Damen, the guy who could be mistaken as Edward Cullen. He also seems oddly perfect (doesn't that strike any bells?) and he's a complete flirt. Okay Ever, after the second or SEVENTH time Damen has left you to go off and be with another woman, I would drop him no matter the excuses. Nothing can be worth getting dropped like a sack of potatoes the moment something better walks by. Yeah, wasn't Ever perfect? Then he's insulting her even more by going after someone beneath her!

Excuse my ranting, I had a tough day at school and I would just like to get some sleep. This book was okay, nothing to get too excited for, but I am going to read the sequel and the whole series. Oh, whoops, I just revealed to you another sneak peek. Yes, I have the whole Immortals series! I hope the next book is even better! Cheers! Happy reading and thank you for visiting/following!

No comments:

Post a Comment