Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Teaser Tuesday!

It's the start of a new Tuesday with Teaser Tuesday! This was started by shouldbereading.wordpress.com. Basically, I will write a teaser sentence from a book I'm reading to make it sound REALLY interesting and that you will want to read it. Along with that, I'm going to do something original (started by me) where I will make up my own one sentence summary of what a book's summary is about. I'll make it sound short and sweet, but also REALLY interesting. Does that sound confusing? Well, I'll use books that have already come out or books I'm just dying for. Hope you enjoy and like this teaser Tuesday.

Seizure Okay, first off, teaser sentence from a random page of the book I'm reading. The book is: Seizure by Kathy Reichs. It is the sequel to Virals which you should definitely read before this one.
"Twin metal spikes had swung down from the ceiling, one in front, the other from behind, their deadly points meeting like monstrous points." Interested yet? Well, here's another teaser from the same page.
"Eyes glued to an impaled corpse." Page 218. Sound scary or what? Makes you want to find out what happens next, doesn't it? Read the book and find out! I am not revealing any spoilers here!!!! Note: If you like the Maximum Ride series (oh man, I'm in love with Fang), you will absolutely LOVE this! Read it!

Next on the list, one sentence summaries of my own creation based on the few paragraphs usually found on the inside cover or the back of a book.
The Pledge (The Pledge, #1)First off: The Pledge by Kimberly Derting. Out on November 15th, 2011. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10637748-the-pledge
In a world where different languages were disguised as classes to shield the terrible secrets hidden within, what if you could understand the horrors and beauties of them all?
Descended by Blood (A Vampire Born Trilogy, #1)What about...Descended by Blood- Angeline Kace. Out since August 26th, 2011.  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12260236-descended-by-blood
Vampires do anything to survive, to drink the blood of not so innocent humans, so much that one may kidnap a human named Brooke trapping her in a web of lies just to feed upon her throat. How about one more since this is a new project after all.
Mortal Kiss (Mortal Kiss, #1)Mortal Kiss- Alice Moss- Out since January 28th, 2011. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9942081-mortal-kiss
Winter is here to stay, approaching fast as danger erupts through the form of a dead body somehow connected to the Black Dogs, a mysterious gang of teens more than they appear, and no one knows what will happen on the freezing cold Halloween night.How does this idea sound? Is it working for ya? Well, it doesn't have to stick, just trying to be different. If you don't like it, too bad! I'm staying with it because to me, it's an awesome idea, and I think it will help me find interest in these books. Hopefully, ya'll like it. You never know because.......
It will be back!!!
*creepy music*

No comments:

Post a Comment