Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Just Read Two Books!

Hey peoples, I finished two books yesterday and it was too late and I was too lazy to write them so here I am. First up is The False Princess!
The False PrincessThe False Princess
Which cover do you like the best?


The False Princess- Eilis O'Neal- Hardcover- Avail- $16.99- 319 pages.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6760761-the-false-princess#
I give this book.... 5/5 stars!!!!
Princess and heir to the throne of Thorvaldor, Nalia's led a privileged life at court. But everything changes when it's revealed, just after her sixteenth birthday, that she is a false princess, a stand-in for the real Nalia, who has been hidden away for her protection. Cast out with little more than the clothes on her back, the girl now called Sinda must leave behind the city, her best friend, Kiernan, and the only life she has ever known.
Sent to live with her only surviving relative, Sinda proves inept at even the simplest tasks. Then she discovers that long-suppressed, dangerous magic runs through her veins, and she realizes that she will never learn to be just a simple village girl.
Sinda returns to the city to seek answers. Instead, she rediscovers the boy who refused to forsake her, and uncovers a secret that could change the course of Thorvaldor's history forever.
Okay, I loved this book! It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time! I didn't know the surprise ending at all though I am definitely not revealing anything here. This book came out in January, but I'm surprised that I didn't find this book before now. Though I found the plot and all the characters to be slightly confusing. Just a little too many twists and turns revolving all the "false princesses". Also, the romance in the story was, of course, easy to predict leading you to basically know the ending of the book before you even got to the climax of the story. The government is fairly easy to understand as well as the medieval world Nalia or Sinda lives in.
So many things were unexpected making this such a fascinating read. One thing though, I just have to express my opinion. Okay, getting run out of your home after having your whole life built out of a lie! That is just, ugh, wrong! Jeez, they could have at least have given something to Sinda, but nooooo, they just left her out in the poor world. She could have died for being a princess and no one would have ever known she was innocent. And what about Sinda's real father? His only daughter being ripped out of his arms? I hate that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This book made me think about that kind of stuff and made me really relate to this character. All in all, I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next review will be up later! Don't expect much from me, I don't have time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment