Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Review on Nightmare in Niceville

Hola people! How's your week going? I'm having a pretty decent week. It's boring, but sometimes that's good. Any good books anyone's read? I read one, but it was not my cup of tea. But I have a review so here it is!

Nightmare in Niceville by Amberle Cianne

Nightmare in Niceville
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12935814-nightmare-in-niceville?ac=1
Format: Paperback/e-book
Pub. Date: October 12th, 2011
Summary:
Lily Strykes is a typical teenage girl, who, along with her mother and younger sister, settles into a comfortably predictable lifestyle in the quiet little town of Niceville, Florida. But hidden in their past is something dark. A fun night out with friends takes an unexpected and terrifying turn as her previous life quickly catches up to her. Lily's routine but peaceful existence, as well as those of her family and friends, is turned upside down in a matter of hours when a figure from her violent past suddenly returns.
My rating: 2 out of 10 knives!
My recommendation: People who like cheesy horror movies should read this.
My review:
My copy was provided to me by Netgalley.
This book was like a cheesy horror movie to me. It read like a movie to me and it was very predictable. Lily moved to Niceville after some problems in her past and she's accepted that Niceville is her life. Niceville seemed stupid to me. Like it's name, everyone is all nice and no city is like that. People scream and yell, people get arrested for stupid things. No city is perfect, but apparently Niceville is.
The boring was boring to me. Lily is living her normal life and the guy she's had a crush on for years might actually be interested in her. In the beginning, the book had paragraph long descriptions on characters that barely appeared in the book. I couldn't keep track of all the names. Especiailly during the end when the point of view kept changing. Some chracters barely showed up and were flat, making it hard to remember them even when they show up later in the book.
This book was very predictable. The cover kind of gives away what happens in the book. It was cliché and artificial.
I did like the cover and how it kind of reminded me of And Then There Were None. That was what I first thought the book was going to be like. I also liked how the book gave a point of view to The Man. It was interesting to know his thoughts and how his past affected him and why he wants to hunt Lily down.
This book was alright to me. It wasn't horrible. It was just too predictable for me. But if horror movies are your thing, read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment