Saturday, January 11, 2014

Review on Drawn!!!!


Hey, I'd told you all that I'd be back! And here I am! I have a review on a book I'm sure you will enjoy! This book combines super powers, comics, and romance into an amazing book!

This book is called...Drawn by Cecily Gray.

Drawn

Format: Paperback/e-book

Pub. Date: December 15th, 2013

Summary:

A wholly original tale of friendship and betrayal through the eyes – and lies – of one extraordinary girl.

Sasha has a secret – that she can make you spill your secret with nothing more than a question. Her strange gift makes her a burden to her foster family and a total freak of nature. Not that Sasha cares. Why should she when no one cares about her?

Then the CIA knocks on her door. They want to give Sasha a new identity and drop her into a foreign country to infiltrate a ring of zealous graffiti terrorists. They want to give Sasha something to care about.

To survive a world where no one is who they seem, Sasha needs to make people trust her. But when that trust blossoms into love, Sasha is forced to decide between duty and friendship, between her mind and her heart, and whether to tell the truth or keep her secrets.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17725214-drawn?ac=1

My rating: 4 out of 5 Lassos of Truth!

My review:

My copy was provided to me by Netgalley.

Who has ever wanted to be able to get someone to tell you a secret? Whether a family member or someone talking behind your back, you always want to find out what is really on someone's mind. Well, Sasha has this power, but it's not all fun and games. Whenever she gets someone to tell the truth, who knows what will come out? It can either be helpful or it can be harmful, but Sasha has no way to control it unless she doesn't make a sound for the rest of her life.

I felt so bad for Sasha! She was sent from foster home to foster home, always sent back because of her ability. And then she was tested on by a lab, tested to see where she got her ability. She had never had a friend, she had never had a family.

But Sasha never gave up. She was strong, always believing in herself and Wonder Woman. She liked to rely on herself and didn't feel as if she ever needed a family.

Sasha worked for the CIA and moved away to help catch a graffiti artist. She finds friends in Vivi, a girl who never seems to wear pants, and Sebastien.

The characters are all relatable and interesting. I really enjoyed this novel, but the ending did leave me hanging a bit.

Also, each chapter begins with a comic strip which flashes back on Sasha's childhood. These flashbacks really made me sympathize with her. I was always excited when a new chapter began so I could see the new comic strip.

This was a short, quick book that was fun to read and kept my attention the whole time. While not being a book with a lot of action, this book still filled me with excitement every time Sasha went out with her friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment