Saturday, December 31, 2011

Have a Happy New Year!!!

To all those who live in America, it's the new year tomorrow! 2012!!!!!!!!!!
Well, there were so many great books that I want to make a list of books that were
 my favorite books of the year. So many people did this, but I also want to do it!

Okay, my number one favorite book of this year was Divergent by Veronica Roth. She is an excellent author and this was an excellent book. I can't wait for the sequel, Insurgent! I'm in love with Four and I can't wait to see more of him!
Divergent (Divergent, #1)

One of the weirdest books of the year was Luminous by Dawn Metcalf. This book was so weird with its original idea and how the whole story came out. I almost didn't want to finish the book, but I did and even though it wasn't my favorite, it was definitely one of the most original books I read this year.
Luminous

One of my favorite series was The Tiger's Curse series by Colleen Houck. I'm still reading the third book that I got for Christmas, but this series made me cry! It is sooooo good, I love the idea of shape shifting tigers. I can't decide between Kishan and Ren, it makes me so frustrated! I can't decide from a round or square pillow (inside joke from book 3). I can't wait to finish the third book! Has anyone lifted one of the books? They are freaking heavy!


Another book that made me cry was The Probability of Miracles because it was so sad. I can't really read any books that involve cancer because I always end up bawling my eyes out. Also, if the love interest in the book gets, like, amnesia or something. I can't stand it when that happens, I can never finish a book if it includes a character forgetting their love with someone else, except for Tiger's Voyage.
The Probability of Miracles

A weird book as well was Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It was extremely weird with the blue hair and the bones, but the romance in the book was awww worthy though it was also very original.
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)

The Soul Screamers series was also another enjoyable read due to the unexpected ending. You never really hear books about banshees or bean sidhes and the love story really surprised me at the end. I think I cried during this book series as well. I loved it!


Anna and the French Kiss was an awesome romance. I wish I own it because it was absolutely amazing. The romance made me swoon and the hilarious antics of the characters made me laugh out loud. One of the best romances I've read in awhile with an author that definitely captured a teenage girl's heart. Yay!
Anna and the French Kiss

A book with the best cover of the year would be Wither because it totally captured what the book was about with wanting to be free (the caged bird) and the idea the book was based on was terrific and original. A dystopia world where a girl in this time period would not like to go.
Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1)

The Vampire Academy series has the best vote for vampires. These vampires don't sparkle, they have sharp teeth and aren't afraid to use them. I love the romance though I don't really understand why people like Dimitri so much, I'm definitely an Adrian fan. I guess that's why Richelle Mead came up with the Bloodlines series to tide the Adrian fans over. I'm still an Adrian fan, who doesn't want a hot drunk for a boyfriend?


One last book to go! A historical book I really loved was The Girl of Fire and Thorns. Historical books
aren't really my thing, but I loved the idea of an ugly and fat (not trying to be mean, but the main character mentioned it many times) princess who has an amazing amount of power inside of her (more like her bellybutton). A man came to love her, not caring about her outward appearance which is the best thing a guy could ever do. I want a man like that!
The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)


I hope you all have a happy New Years! Tomorrow, I will have an In My Mailbox for the start of the New Year! I got $75 dollars to Barnes and Noble which I basically spent all of it (except for fifteen dollars) and I got some books from the library. I now own 5 books, well, technically two of the five books have three books in them (they're huge) so it would be about 9 books. If you want to find out what they are, look at my blog tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment